ABOUT THE AWARD
The NSDAR (National Society Daughters of the American Revolution) scholarship awards, presented by the DAR scholarship board, are a medium to assist students pursuing degree programs in distinct academic fields like Political Science, Economics, Nursing and Medical Education. There are multiple DAR scholarship awards for each field of study. The Lillian and Arthur Dunn Scholarship is the only Dar scholarship where the mother must be a member (which she would have to be a daughter of the American Revolution) in order to receive a scholarship for her son or daughter. All others may be applied to even if you are not a member of NSDAR. Most NSDAR scholarship awards use a ‘proof of financial need’ as one factor when qualifying.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
These awards are sponsored by the NSDAR, a non-profit, non-political volunteer women’s service organization founded in 1890 and headquarters in Washington D.C. The organization is committed to promote American History and patriotism & ensuring secured American future through various means of better education. Currently the organization provides financial assistance to the tune of $150K annually through various NSDAR scholarships. These daughters of the American Revolution scholarships are managed by the DAR Scholarship Committee under the control of State Scholarship Chairman, National Chairman and Executive Committee. The committee ensures that the Daughters of the American Revolution scholarship awards to the competent applicants irrespective of any discrimination of race, religion, sex or nationality.
• Initially the Applicant must take a sponsorship letter from the local DAR chapter – 3000 DAR chapters (approximately) are located in the US and internationally. The information about the local DAR chapter is provided by the State Scholarship Chairman.
• To get the State Scholarship Chairman details and the application form, a written request is to be made. One self-addressed stamped business-size envelope should accompany the request and must be mailed to the below address:
Committee Services Office,
1776 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006-5303
• All the information about the application procedure and application form is provided in the return mail by the Committee Service Office.
• Entire set of records (as requested in the application form) are to be provided with the application form.
• Renewals of scholarship can be done by sending an official transcript by 1st July each year to the below address:
Office of the Reporter General-Committee Services, NSDAR,
1776 D. Street NW,
Washington DC 20006-5303
• None of the records/documents submitted should have a photo of the applicant.
• No telephone or fax inquiries are entertained and only the winners are notified.
• Winners are chosen based on academic credentials, financial need and commitment to the field of study.
• Students are eligible for only one scholarship from NSDAR
• Scholarships funds of winners are parked as deposit with the colleges or universities and the unused portion is returned to DAR.
DAUGHTERS of the AMERICAN REVOLUTION SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Below are the various awards under the DAR Scholarship for the various field of study-
Field of Study, Name of Scholarship, & Deadline.
Political Science, History, Government, and Economics Scholarship
o Dr. Aura-Lee A. and James Hobbs Pittenger American History Scholarship Feb 15
o Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship Feb 15
o J.E. Caldwell Centennial Scholarship Feb 15
Nursing School Scholarships
o Caroline E. Holt Nursing Scholarship Feb 15
o Mildred Nutting Nursing Scholarship Feb 15
o Occupational/Physical Therapy Scholarships Feb 15
o Alice W. Rooke Scholarship Apr 15
o Irene and Daisy MacGregor Memorial Scholarship Apr 15
o Dr. Francis Anthony Beneventi Medical Scholarship Apr 15
o Lillian and Arthur Dunn Scholarship Feb 15
o Madeline Pickett (Halbert) Cogswell Nursing Scholarship Feb 15
o Margaret Howard Hamilton Scholarship Apr 15
o Nellie Love Butcher Music Scholarship Apr 15
o Arthur Lockwood Beneventi Law Scholarships Apr 15
o William Robert Findley Graduate Chemistry Scholarship Apr 15
o Mary Elizabeth Lockwood Beneventi MBA Scholarship Apr 15
o Michael T. and Mary L. Cloyd Scholarship Feb 15
o Edward G. and Helen A. Borgens Elementary and Secondary Teacher Education Scholarships Apr 15
o The Idamae Cox Otis Memorial Scholarship High School specific
o The Mildred Louise Brackney Scholarship High School specific
o The Longman-Harris Scholarship High School specific
American Indian Scholarship
o DAR American Indian Scholarship For Fall term, April 1; For Spring term, October 1.
o Frances Crawford Marvin American Indian Scholarship Feb 01
o Anne Trevarthen Memorial Scholarship College Specific
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship awards cover various fields and thus ensure that the scholars in different areas can really utilize them. Through such initiatives the organization fulfils its commitment for community service.
For questions call (202) 628-1776.
- AMVETS Veteran College Scholarships
- American Legion Samsung Scholarship for Veterans Children
- VFW Scholarships for Veterans Children
- DAR Scholarships
- Army ROTC Scholarships Program
- The All Natural Scholarship in Agriculture
- Unknown WID Horizon Scholarships for Females
- Horizons Homeland Security Mother scholarships
- Easy NROTC Scholarship for Navy
- Bank America Scholarship Program
- Robert Byrd Scholarship Program is Monumental
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship Program
- James Hoffa Memorial Scholarship by the Teamsters
- The Steven Phillips Scholarship
- Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation Picks Future Leaders
- Bowling Scholarships by USBC
- Unknown and Unclaimed Fred Rogers Memorial Scholarship Grant
- Fun Scholarships for College from Funny Guys
- Patriotic & Noble AMVETS Scholarship for Veterans