The rising cost of tuition fees is putting a lot of parents and students in a dilemma. Both the parents and students are looking for other alternatives, because just good grades alone cannot pay your fees. The Catholic High School scholarships are an annual award for high school students who simply can’t afford to pay Catholic tuition.
It is student financial aid, which helps the students to pay their education expenses such as tuition fees, other supplies, and books. The principal of the school or the administrator normally is in charge of administering it for the school.
The Catholic High School Scholarship or financial assistance is standard for all Catholic High Schools. It is tuition assistance. The financial need of the student and parent is the basis of this scholarship, and is not based on the athletic ability, musical ability or academic ability of the student.
Once the student is admitted to the Catholic high school the parents then, have to apply for the scholarship or tuition assistance to the administrator, proving they need financial help, and they cannot afford to pay the students tuition. On the basis of this financial need, the scholarship will be granted. The Catholic High School Scholarship is given to any eligible student who attends a Catholic High School.
Applying for the High School Scholarship
• You can get the application to apply for the scholarship from the principal of all Catholic High Schools.
• There will be a deadline before which you have to submit your application. This varies from school to school.
• The local processing takes some time and then the award will be decided. Each school has its own committee to review the applications and decide the scholarship depending on the student’s financial need.
• The scholarship is based on financial need and not in regard to color, race, origin, gender or creed. The parents income is the deciding factor in receiving the Catholic high school scholarship.
The student who receives financial aid from the school must maintain a good disciplinary record and maintain good grades. The student’s record will be periodically checked and if he/she fails academically or in disciplinary record, the school has the right to expire his/her scholarship.
Eligibility is based on financial need of students/parents household income. For Roman Catholic High School scholarships, preference will be given to former graduates of Roman Catholic High School.
There is no doubt that the Catholic High School Scholarship is a great boon for students and a relief for the parents. High school students who are interested in studying in a Catholic high school now can receive financial aid to do so if financial need is clearly displayed.
Catholic High School Scholarship Pointer
You can also contact the Catholic Knights and inquire about their Catholic high school scholarships programs at 800-927-2547 or 414-273-6266.
Best Recommendation for a Catholic High School Scholarship or Grant
Making an appointment and sitting down speaking directly with the person who is managing the financial aid for the Catholic high school is always recommended. There may be more programs recently added which you can qualify for, or you can inquire into other outside sources that may be available in which awards scholarships or Grants for Catholic high school students. The administrator will be up to date on the latest programs and can advise you of these other sources so you can contact them directly. There may be students presently attending the high school who are receiving these other Catholic high school grants from these brand new new sources.
The Alliance for Choice in Education which is based in Denver, Colorado offers the ACE scholarship which is specifically for students in grades between Kindergarten and the 12th grade. They help families pay for tuition at private schools, but is only available to those families that qualify for the federal free or reduced lunch program. The program only pays up to $2000 annually for the lower grades and up to $3000 annually for students in grades nine through twelve. This is another option to investigate.
- Need Catholic College Scholarships?
- The Knights of Columbus Scholarships for Catholics.
- Posse Scholarship for High School Senior
- Cargill Community High School Scholarships
- Easy Tips on High School Scholarships for Private High Schools
- Poetry Scholarships for High School Students
- High School Scholarship Essay Contest in Writing from YAHSP
- Toshiba Exploravision Scholarships from NSTA for K- High School
- Unique Ace Scholarships for Private High Schools K-12
- Girl Scout Scholarships for High School Seniors are Unknown
- Outstanding Best Buy Scholarship for High School Students
- VFW Audio High School Essay Scholarship Contest
- Read about the Patriot Pen VFW essay scholarship contest
- VFW Scholarships for Veterans Children
- Oil Can Henry’s Scholarships for High School Seniors