If you are anticipating attending a technical school and would like to find one of many tech scholarships available, this article is for you. We are going to list a few tech college scholarships here that may be just what you were searching for. The technical occupations are the backbone of our society and a viable tech scholarship can make all the difference to a tech student just getting started. Here are some of the technology scholarships you may want to consider:
The Texas Tech Merit Based Scholarships
Texas Tech University sponsors a variety of Merit Based Tech Scholarships. There are 5 tech scholarships in all. They are listed below:
• President’s Silver: Pays $10,000 ($2,500 per year/4 years) and requires a 3.0 GPA
• President’s Gold: Pays $20,000 ($4,000 per year/5 years) and requires a 3.25 GPA
• President’s Platinum: Pays $30,000 ($6,000 per year/5 years) and requires 3.5 GPA
• University Student Housing and Hospitality Services National Merit Scholars Scholarship: Pays $39,000 ($7,800 per year/5 years) and requires a 3.5 GPA + campus residence
• National Merit Finalist: Pays $60,000 ($12,000 per year/5 years) and requires 3.5 GPA
The application deadlines are September 15th for fall semesters and February 2nd for spring semesters. Texas Tech University awards $20,000.000 in tech scholarships every year.
The Microsoft Tech Scholarships
Microsoft actually offers 4 different types of tech scholarships designed for students already enrolled in a 4 year accredited educational facility in computer science or related tech programs. The 4 types of tech scholarships are:
• General scholarships
• Women’s scholarships
• Minority scholarships
• Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
These prestigious technology scholarships are very competitive. They are designed to cover the cost of tuition for the year at the college or university you are enrolled in. The tech scholarship winner will also have to sign up for the summer internship and complete 12 weeks or more at the Microsoft Corporation in Redmond, Washington. These tech college scholarships require a 3.0 GPA. The deadline for applications is February 1st, 2011.
The Louisiana Tech Scholarships
Louisiana Tech University offers numerous tech scholarships for incoming freshman students. The deadline for applications is January 5th of the high school senior year. Here are a few of the tech scholarships offered:
• Louisiana Systems Board of Supervisors Scholarship: Awards $2,500 to $4,100 per year. Requires a 3.0 GPA. Must be a Louisiana resident.
• Outstanding Student Scholarship – In State: Awards $1,200 to $3,700 per year. Requires a 3.0 GPA. Must be a resident of Louisiana.
• CenturyTel Scholarship: Award pays $1,500 per year/4 years. Must live in a specified county of Louisiana. Requires a 3.0 GPA. Must be Accounting or Engineering major. The deadline for this application is February 1st to the high school counselors and April 1st to Louisiana Tech University.
These are just a few of the many Louisiana Tech scholarships. This educational facility is one of the finest in the nation.
The Tennessee Tech Scholarships
The most popular scholarships for technology at TTU are the University Academic Service Scholarships. Applicants must have graduated from a Tennessee high school. The awards range anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000 per year depending upon this GPA format:
• $2000 per year for a GPA of 3.5 to 3.74 and SAT of 1250-1600
• $2000 per year for a GPA of 3.75 to 3.89 and SAT of 1250 to 1350
• $3000 per year for a GPA of 3.9 to 4.0 and SAT of 1250 to 1350
• $3000 per year for a GPA of 3.75 to 3.89 and SAT of 1360 to 1600
• $4000 per year for a GPA of 3.90 to 4.0 and SAT of 1360 to 1600
Tennessee Tech University is well respected educational facility. The deadline for these tech scholarships is December 15th.
Technology will only better itself over time in every industry imaginable so majoring in this fast changing and growing field could be a smart decision in college. Tech scholarships are a good start to help you pay for it.