Clark Atlanta University scholarships may be unknown to most people investigating grants for college, but these are scholarships worth considering. Clark Atlanta University has three scholarship programs.
- Dean’s Scholars Program
– for first-time freshmen only
– must complete application by Feb 1st (admissions application, recommendations forms, $35.00 application fee, an official high school transcript, and SAT or ACT scores)
– have a FAFSA report on file by March 1st preceding the fall enrollment period
– must have GPA between 3.25 – 3.49 & 1100 SAT score (Verbal and Math combined) or a (24) composite ACT score will also be considered
– financial need is a factor
– renewable annually based on meeting all scholarship renewal criteria for a maximum of four years (8 semesters)
– may only be used when beginning the fall semester after the student graduates from high school
– full tuition awards
– must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 & enrolled in (15) hours of undergraduate courses per semester while successfully completing 30 or more credit hours per academic year.
– may also qualify for other need and merit based programs offered by the university along with the Dean scholars program
- Provost Academic Achievers
Same criteria as the Dean’s Scholars Program above applies except for this GPA criteria:
– Applicants with a GPA between a 3.50 – 3.74 and 1200 SAT score (Verbal and Math combined) or a 27 composite ACT score will be considered for the Provost Academic Achievers award equal to the cost of tuition, fees, on-campus room and board
- Presidential Scholarship
Same also as the Dean’s Scholars Program except this GPA criteria:
Applicants with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.75 and 1300 SAT score (Verbal and Math combined) or 29 composite ACT score will be considered for the Presidential Scholarship award equal to the cost of tuition, fees, on-campus room and board, and an allowance for books.
Scholarships offered at Clark Atlanta University can be academicly rewarding as well as enriching students in the following acclaimed areas of study:
Arts & Sciences
A School of Education
Division of the Humanities
Division of Communication Arts
Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Division of Social Sciences
Students will find that they can receive a superior education while living in the beautiful cultural city of Atlanta. Atlanta, forever known as the city “too busy to hate,” is home to some of the most prominent and prosperous African Americans in the country. Southern hospitality is the daily song in the hearts and minds of all the people who live there making everyday a joyful place to live and attend college. You will always find many exciting things to do in Atlanta and never get bored with the city while attending college at Clark Atlanta University on your scholarship. The people in Atlanta love their city and you will too.
Apply for a Clark Atlanta University scholarship today and change yor life forever!