The patriotic & noble AMVETS scholarship for Veterans offers a variety of college military scholarships for existing Veterans, active military, and also for sons/daughters/grandchildren of the Veteran. Even if the Veteran is diseased, his family is still eligible for the AMVETS scholarship programs. The AMVETS has three main National AMVETS scholarship programs for the Veteran and their families, and one National scholarship for veterans/guardsmen/reservists only. There are two other AMVETS scholarships which two colleges participate with the AMVETS in offering college scholarships for the specific colleges only – Devry University AMVETS scholarships & University of Phoenix AMVETS scholarships. Below, we just outline the AMVETS direct National Veterans scholarship programs.
Noble AMVETS Scholarships funded by the National Service Foundation Scholarships
1) National Scholarship Program for Veterans offers (3) $4,000 to be used over (4) years for full time undergraduate or graduate studies from an accredited technical or trade school. This is perfect for Veterans who have used up government assistance & who have no other way to pay for furthering their education. Must be a United States Veteran, US citizen, demonstrate financial need. An essay of 50-100 words must be written on this question: ‘What a higher education means to me’. April 15th is the annual deadline for summiting the Veteran scholarship application.
2) National Scholarship Program for (6) scholarships for high school seniors $4,000 each. Must be a graduating high school senior entering at the college freshmen level, have a high school (GPA) of 3.0. (Or documented evidence of extenuating circumstances that caused a lower GPA), be the child or grandchild of a United States veteran, a US citizen, demonstrate academic promise & financial need. An essay of 50-100 words must be written on this question: ‘What a higher education means to me’. April 15th is the annual deadline for summiting the Veteran scholarship for high school senior’s application.
3) JROTC National Scholarship Program for one graduating Junior ROTC (JROTC) cadet and must be used for a full time undergraduate student in a college/university or an accredited technical/trade school leading to a certified degree. Must be an active JROTC cadet currently a high school senior, have a minimum high school (GPA) of 3.0, child or grandchild of a US veteran, US citizen, demonstrate academic promise & financial need. An essay of 50-100 words must be written on this question: ‘What a higher education means to me’. Application deadline is April 15th of every year.
Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo Family Foundation National Memorial Scholarship
This AMVETS scholarship was set up in memory of Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo who was a immigrant to the US and dedicated his life as a physician in to the U.S. Army Reserves. Two $3,000 Veterans scholarships are awarded annually to only veterans/guardsmen/reservists, and not Veterans family members. It’s the only AMVETS scholarship that does not include family. The nice thing about this AMVET scholarship is, it can be used for ‘part time’ or ‘full time’ undergraduate courses, accredited degree or certificate programs, including online schools. Eligibility requirements are: US citizen & Veteran, demonstration of financial need, no drug convictions, no defaulted federal student loans, must be enrolled or going to be accepted in an eligible program of study, and must have a GED to apply. A written essay of only 50-100 words is required on the question ‘how this scholarship will help me’. April 15th is the AMVETS scholarship application deadline date.
For questions on the Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo or the National Service Foundation AMVETS scholarships for Veterans call AMVETS direct at 877-726-8387.
- Read more on a college participating along with the patriotic & noble AMVETS scholarship for Veterans.
- The United States Army offers the ROTC scholarship at nearly 600 colleges and universities that have or are affiliated with ROTC programs.
- Easy NROTC Scholarship from the Navy
- The Elks Scholarship awards have three different types of Elks National Scholarship Plans which are offered through the Elks Foundation Scholarship Program
Other Memorial Scholarships
- Bank America Scholarships Program
- Byrd Scholarship Program is Monumental
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship Program
- James Hoffa Memorial Scholarship by the Teamsters
- The Steven Phillips Scholarship
- Truman Scholarship Foundation Picks Future Leaders
- Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship Awards
- Bowling Scholarship by USBC
- Unknown and Unclaimed Fred Rogers Memorial Scholarships
- Funny Scholarships for College from Funny Guys